The CHR2270-QRG is a reflective transponder operating at 5.8GHz for short and medium range automotive communication (DSRC), Electronic Traffic Control (ETC) and identification transponders. This product is designed using SiGe technology and features a very low power consumption which can result in 5 years battery life.
The CHR2270-QRG features numerous assets:
- Single RF antenna port for compact systems
- Integrated high selectivity wake-up
- Ultra Low Standby current
- 3V battery bias voltage range
- Downlink RF input power monitoring
- Uplink gain control
- -25°C to +90°C operating temperature range
- Very good performance over temperature,
- More than 5 years battery life,
- Plastic package (QFN-24),
- ESD protection.
Three operating modes are implemented:
- STANDBY: ultra low current AM detector, providing a wake-up signal (high selectivity system avoiding untimely wake-up) on SB-Out output.
- DOWLINK: low current AM detector, with optimized IF bandwidth.
- UPLINK: multiplier based on a passive reflective mixer.
The circuit is designed to be fully compliant with ETSI EN 300674, ETSI 200674 and Italian norms.