The United Monolithic Semiconductors foundry delivers a range of processes and services that bring value and benefit to clients. State-of-the-art systems, design kits, and scaleable reliable models, support the design and production of high performance Gallium Arsenide MMICs.
In support of foundry services, training and mentoring is available from our highly experienced professionals, who have depth and breadth of experience in the design and application of GaAs technology in successful Defence, Aerospace, Telecoms and Industrial solutions.
The core foundry service includes:
- design kit and design manuals
- layout verification, Critical Foundry Design Review
- wafer fabrication (2 wafers for prototype run)
- wafer delivery in GelPak ® boxes or diced on UV-film
Optional extended services offer clients an end-to-end one stop procurement:
- training courses and technical consultancy
- on-wafer testing
- wafer dicing and die sorting
- full delivery of tested and visually inspected chips conforming to required standards
- dispatch in GelPak ® boxes
It is widely recognised that ASICs give the freedom to balance functionality and performance to create an ideal solution. Efficiencies and cost reductions can be gained from:
- functional integration on a single die
- reduced component count
- improved power management
Foundry ASICS offer significant strategic benefits helping organisations: create and protect IPR; win and maintain competitive advantage; and simplify inventory and lifecycle management.
However, additional advantages can be gained from working with the UMS foundry to develop ASICs using leading edge gallium arsenide technologies:
- access to a wide range of processes
- support from experience staff who have developed many successful standard products
- reduced time to market
- quality and reliability
- financial stability from the backing of our parent organisations Thales and EADS Deutschland GmbH